Terms of Service
AGREEMENT BETWEEN USER AND I/O AT WORK
I/O AT WORK is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein. Your use of I/O AT WORK constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions, and notices. We reserve the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which I/O AT WORK is offered, including but not limited to the charges associated with the use of I/O AT WORK. Such charges will become effective immediately after being posted on the I/O AT WORK website.
LIMITATIONS OF USE
As a condition of your use of I/O AT WORK, you warrant to us that you will not use I/O AT WORK for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You may not use I/O AT WORK in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the I/O AT WORK web log or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of I/O AT WORK. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through I/O AT WORK. You shall not (i) license, sublicense, sell, resell, transfer, assign, distribute or otherwise commercially exploit or make available to any third party I/O AT WORK or its content in any way; (ii) modify or make derivative works based upon I/O AT WORK or its content; (iii) “frame” or “mirror” any of its contention any other server or wireless or Internet-based device; or (iv) build a product using similar ideas, features, functions or graphics of I/O AT WORK, or copy any ideas, features, functions or graphics of I/O AT WORK.
USE OF COMMUNITY
I/O AT WORK may contain forums, communities, personal web pages, and other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with the public at large or with a group (collectively, “Community”), you agree to use the Community only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Community. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using a Community, you will not:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Community specifically allows such messages.
- Conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters.
- Download any file posted by another user of a Community that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Community.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
We reserve the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Community at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever.
We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion.
I/O AT WORK specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Community and any actions resulting from your participation in any Community. Community managers and hosts are not our authorized spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect our views.
Materials uploaded to a Community may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction and/or dissemination. You are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you download the materials.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNERSHIP
We alone (and our licensors, where applicable) shall own all right, title and interest, including all related intellectual property rights, the I/O AT WORK content and any suggestions, ideas, enhancement requests, feedback, recommendations or other generalized information provided by you or any other party relating to us or pursuant to this Agreement. This Agreement is not a sale and does not convey to you any rights of ownership in or related to I/O AT WORK or the intellectual property rights owned by us. The I/O AT WORK name, the I/O AT WORK logo, and any product names associated with I/O AT WORK are our trademarks or third parties, and no right or license is granted to use them.
MATERIALS PROVIDED TO US OR POSTED AT ANY I/O AT WORK WEBSITE
I/O AT WORK does not claim ownership of the materials you provide to I/O AT WORK (including feedback and suggestions) or post, upload, input or submit to any I/O AT WORK website or its associated services (collectively “Submissions”) or works specifically created by I/O AT WORK for you. However, by posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting your Submission you are granting to us, our affiliated companies and necessary sublicensees permission to use your Submission in connection with the operation of our and their businesses including, without limitation, the rights to: copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat your Submission; and to publish your name in connection with your Submission.
No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your Submission, as provided herein. We are under no obligation to post or use any Submission you may provide and may remove any Submission at any time in our sole discretion.
By posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting your Submission you warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your Submission as described in this section including, without limitation, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input or submit the Submissions.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
I/O AT WORK may contain links to third-party websites (“Linked Sites”). The Linked Sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, including without limitation any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site. We are not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Linked Site. The Linked Sites are provided to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any Linked Site does not imply endorsement by us of the Linked Site or any association with its operators.
The information included in or available through I/O AT WORK may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. We and/or our suppliers may make improvements and/or changes in I/O AT WORK at any time. Advice received via I/O AT WORK should not be relied upon for personal, medical, legal or financial decisions and you should consult an appropriate professional for specific advice tailored to your situation.
We and/or our suppliers make no representations about the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, and accuracy of the information, software, products, services and related graphics available through I/O AT WORK for any purpose. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, all such information, and related graphics are provided “as is” without warranty or condition of any kind. We and/or our suppliers hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to this information, and related graphics, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate your access to I/O AT WORK and the related services or any portion thereof at any time, immediately without notice.
Guidelines and Policies for I/O AT WORK Blog
I/O AT WORK has created a blog that will engage the human resources community. I/O AT WORK would like to invite all human resources, I/O psychology, OD, OE, OB, and related practitioners, researchers, and students to participate in the blog and its forums. When interacting with the I/O AT WORK blog, wikis, or other online forums, we ask that users consider the following:
1. With All Due Respect: Having different perspectives presented by various employees provides a unique voice to our company and we encourage this. While we encourage you to be personable, we remind you to take responsibility for your posts by avoiding inappropriate subject matter, discriminatory views, obscene language, personal attacks, insults, picking fights and topics such as religion and politics. While it is acceptable to name competitors, we ask that you do so in a respectful and honest fashion. Know and follow the I/O AT WORK core values by paying attention and respect to integrity, quality, accountability, communication and people.
2. Born Identity: When identifying yourself, your user name will be your first name and last name: i.e. John Doe instead of JDoe, john_doe, or B2B Baller. If necessary or relevant, state your role at I/O AT WORK. Always write in the first person. Create an avatar by either using a photo of yourself or an appropriate image that describes your personality. Feel free to provide links to topics, pages and articles relevant to your blog. On average, one usually provides three links for a 250 word blog.
3. Whose Line is it anyway? Be sure to make it clear that your views are expressly your views and that you are writing on behalf of yourself and not on behalf of I/O AT WORK. When presenting a blog that is relevant to work you are doing or subject matter that pertains to I/O AT WORK, use a disclaimer similar to this: “The opinions presented on this site are expressly my own and are not a reflection of I/O AT WORK’s policies, views or positions.”
4. Law and Order: When referencing customers or business partners, knowledge and consent of reference must first be established. Any material cited or used must be given credit to. Plagiarism is forbidden. Copyright, fair use and financial laws must be followed. Any confidential or proprietary information of I/O AT WORK’s or another’s should not be mentioned.